NorCal Underwater Hunters Discussion > Dive Sites

pigeon lighthouse diving?

(1/3) > >>

charliec:
So I understand there're WS at pigeon lighthouse... Yet I was wondering if it's safe to spearfish close to the shore?
C-

Adam415:
Give it a try and let us know what you see.

phil herranen:
It's a great place to dive but supper sharky , there have been a few hits there and at least one death . I've had the hunted feeling almost everytime I've dove there .  I told t maas that I dive there and he said I was nuts . If you try it don't go alone and make sure you tell somone where you are and when to expect you to check in when you are safely out

charliec:

--- Quote from: phil herranen on March 16, 2018, 07:03:27 PM ---It's a great place to dive but supper sharky , there have been a few hits there and at least one death . I've had the hunted feeling almost everytime I've dove there .  I told t maas that I dive there and he said I was nuts . If you try it don't go alone and make sure you tell somone where you are and when to expect you to check in when you are safely out

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the feed back!
Question: Even at 10-20 feet one risks shark encounter? I noticed there're lot of structures very close to the shore... within 100 feet of the coastline.

Amsmosh:

--- Quote from: charliec on March 16, 2018, 08:17:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: phil herranen on March 16, 2018, 07:03:27 PM ---It's a great place to dive but supper sharky , there have been a few hits there and at least one death . I've had the hunted feeling almost everytime I've dove there .  I told t maas that I dive there and he said I was nuts . If you try it don't go alone and make sure you tell somone where you are and when to expect you to check in when you are safely out

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the feed back!
Question: Even at 10-20 feet one risks shark encounter? I noticed there're lot of structures very close to the shore... within 100 feet of the coastline.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, most any depth that we can dive in, sharks can easily navigate in as well. So yes, you could potentially encounter one in 10-20 feet of water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version