NorCal Underwater Hunters Discussion > Favorite Recipes

Wanted:: Favorite Fish Head Recipes.

<< < (2/3) > >>

the_derek:

--- Quote from: landlocked on November 29, 2017, 07:52:54 AM ---This is sooo Derek!

--- End quote ---
lol,

but i really wanted new recipes for fish heads,

dogpaddle:

--- Quote from: the_derek on November 29, 2017, 09:38:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: landlocked on November 29, 2017, 07:52:54 AM ---This is sooo Derek!

--- End quote ---
lol,

--- End quote ---
Place them in crab cages and watch them turn into dungeons crab.

ryang85:

--- Quote from: dogpaddle on November 29, 2017, 11:34:29 AM ---
--- Quote from: the_derek on November 29, 2017, 09:38:28 AM ---

--- End quote ---
lol,

--- End quote ---
Place them in crab cages and watch them turn into dungeons crab.

--- End quote ---
Make sure to cut off the ling cheeks first, they are super tasty, takes about 30 seconds per cheek to do.  Then send em down to the crabs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dank:
If it's fairly large, simply salt it and bake it. You could also make fish stock or broth with it. There are also lots of fish head soups from various corners of the world. There's a recipe here for Lao fish head soup (Tom Hua Pa) which is really, really good. Just make sure you strain the tiny bits before serving. For smaller ones, Joe's suggestion is a good one.

Seadog:
Cover with water add salt, peppercorn, onion, bring to a light boil for 1hr+. Cool and strain, now you got plenty of fish stock to use for chowder or fish stew. Portion it out and freeze it for later use. Or freeze in an ice cube tray, mess with your friends next time you pour em a cocktail! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version